August 24, 2007

Its time to get into a routine

I'm thinking I've been here long enough to start working up a routine. I have a plan :) Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm ambitious and usually can't deliver what I want, but it doesn't ever stop me from trying. So, here's what I'm thinking. Hopefully this will help since I like have tasks, goals, and structure in my life :) I really think its one of the big reasons why I like knitting. Back to my list.

I'm going to make Thursdays a dedicated work on the house time after work. This week I mowed the lawn on the side of the house and even used the weedeater. I haven't used a lawnmower in something like 10 years. I think I was 16 or 17 last time I used one. I have never used a weedeater, my mom was always afraid I've hurt myself. I'm fine :)

Knitting group has moved to Wednesdays here, which means that knitting in public will take place at least on Wednesdays. I'm still going to use Satursday morinngs as knitting time, since I don't really much more time than that anymore.

I'm also going to try to cook at least 3 times a week for dinner and try to take my lunch more often... I usually take some soup once a week, I'm going to try to take some easy non frozen food type things 2-4 times a week. I need to get out of here sometime :)

I'm also going to really try hard to get the laundry done every week. Done includes washed, dtried, folded or hung up, and put away. Really putting away is the hard part in this scenario.

Next on the list is getting the house unpacked. I need to do something, even if its just unpack a box or hang up a picture every day until the house is unpacked. We still have most of the kitchen packed up and all my yarn is still in the garage. We still have some trima nd touch up work to do in my office and at some point I have to buy some office furniture for my room. But, we'll work on that in time.

I'm also trying to work on getting in better shape. I know my shape isn't really that bad to most, but it bugs the living crap out of me, so I'm walking at work and trying to at home.

I think thats what I've got now. I promise more knitting stuff shortly and pictures of my home soon!

No comments: